15 Jun Banana Muffin Energy Balls
• 1 cup raw almonds
• 2 tsp ground cinnamon or to taste
• 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
• 1 medium banana, cut into large pieces
• 3/4 cup fresh dates, pitted
• 1/2 tsp melted coconut oil (optional)
• 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dairy-free mini dark
• chocolate chips
• In a food processor place the almonds, cinnamon and finely shredded coconut and process until finely chopped.
• Add the banana, pitted dates and coconut oil (if using) and process until you get a dough you can shape with your hands.
• Fold in the cacao nibs or chocolate chips.
• Cover and chill the dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
• Bring the dough out of the refrigerator and roll into balls about 1 tablespoon in size.
• Keep the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until is ready to serve.