26 Apr 30 Minute Paleo Mongolian Beef
· 2 lbs flank steak thinly sliced
· 1/2 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot
· 1/2 tsp sea salt to taste
· 1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
· 5 Tbsp avocado oil divided
· 4 cloves garlic minced
· 1 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
· 1 cup coconut aminos
· 1/4 cup water
· 1 Tbsp cider vinegar
· 3 green onions chopped into 2-inch pieces
- Cut the flank steak into 2-inch pieces (thin strips turn out more tender!) and place in a mixing bowl. Add the tapioca flour along with a sprinkle of sea salt and black pepper. Toss everything together until the beef is well-coated.
- In a measuring cup or mixing bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of avocado oil, the minced garlic, ginger, coconut aminos, water, and cider vinegar and set aside until ready to use.
- Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil. Add the floured beef and brown for 3 to 5 minutes, until one or two sides of the beef have a nice sear.
- Pour in the sauce and bring to a full boil. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce is very thick and the beef is cooked for about 5 minutes. Season the beef with sea salt to taste.
- Stir in the chopped green onion and serve with a choice of sides! You can also add broccoli or other veggies!