30 Apr Paleo Snickerdoodles Recipe
- 4 & 1/2 tbsp maple sugar or coconut sugar
- 5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 & 1/4 cups cashew flour (finely ground)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup palm shortening or grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine 1& 1/2 tbsp of maple sugar and 3 tsp of cinnamon & set aside
- In a food processor, combine the remaining 3 tbsp maple sugar, cashew flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, remaining 2 tsp cinnamon, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt and pulse 5 times.
- Add maple syrup, palm shortening, and vanilla & process for 15 seconds, until combined. Transfer the processor bowl to the fridge and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Using a tbsp, scoop out dough and roll it into balls, then roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them evenly to allow for spreading.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the sheet 1/2 way through baking, until cookies are golden brown around the edges. Cool the cookies on the sheets for 10 mins, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cooled cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks, or in the freezer for 6 months.