29 Aug 5 Paleo Recipes We Love
Whether you are new to the Paleo diet or just need some new recipe inspiration, we’ve got it! We LOVE food, and we LOVE to gather and graze with family and friends, so we pulled together a few of our favorite recipes from sites we rely on. We’re pretty sure you’ll love them as much as we do!
Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp , peeled, deveined, and thawed if frozen
- Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian parsley leaves
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
To make chimichurri sauce, combine all ingredients except shrimp in blender or food processor and blend until parsley is finely chopped.
- Toss shrimp with enough chimichurri sauce to coat and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place shrimp on skewers.
- Grill shrimp skewers until shrimp turns pink and is just cooked through, 1 – 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with remaining chimichurri sauce.
Loaded Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
For the Mac:
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 2 strips pasture-raised bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 T green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 t paprika
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t sea salt
For the Cheese:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large pot, bring 4 cups water to a boil and add the cauliflower. Boil for 5 minutes, then strain and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with scallions and bacon crumbles.
PALEO BURGERS WITH SWEET POTATO BUNS
By Rachael’s Good Eats
- 1 lb organic ground turkey (can sub for organic chicken or grass-fed beef)
- 1/3 cup chopped spinach or collard greens
- 1/2 diced bell pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 extra wide sweet potato
- Combine all ingredients, excluding sweet potato, into a large bowl and mix together.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium until hot- but not smoking.
- Place burger patties in pan and let cook for about 5-8 minutes either side. (you can cover the pan with a lid to speed up cooking time)
- Slice sweet potato into 1/2 inch thick rounds and place on parchment covered backing sheet
- Spray sweet potato lightly with avocado oil and BROIL in the oven- use the second rack, on high heat (525 degrees F)
- Broil potatoes for about 6-8 minutes on either side, or until they start to turn golden and bubble. Form burgers with sweet potato rounds, mixed greens, avocado, and condiments.
Grilled Chicken Bruschetta on Zucchini “Toast”
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 chicken fillets (each 5 oz) , pounded
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp fresh lemon juice,
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ tbsp chopped thyme
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- To make the marinade, in a small glass combine the thyme, 1/8 tsp of chili flakes, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and pinch of salt. Place the chicken in a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade into the bag. Seal the bag tightly and marinate the chicken in a refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, parsley and 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Season to taste and set aside. Heat a barbecue until hot. Cut the zucchini into 1/2 ” thick lengthwise slices. Brush the slices with 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the marinade, brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil and grill for 3 minutes on each side. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes and make the avocado sauce.
- Place the avocado, remaining chili flakes, 1 tbsp of olive oil and remaining lemon juice in a bowl and coarsely mash with a fork. Season to taste.
- Chop the chicken into bite size pieces. To assemble bruschetta, top zucchini slices with avocado sauce, chopped grilled chicken and tomato salsa and serve.
Guilt Free Cacao Bark
By Nic’s Simple Living
- 1/2 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 2/3 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon 1 tsp Manuka Honey Optional for sweetness
- Melt coconut oil then mix in all ingredients
- TIP: reheat mixture then add in honey so it melts and mixes evenly
- Line small tray (I use rectangular tupperware) with parchment paper Pour mixture into tray + pop in the freezer for 5 min then remove from freezer + add toppings
- TOPPINGS: berries, cashew pieces, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, drizzle of honey, drizzle of almond butter, grain free granola, coconut flakes… have fun with it!
- Leave in freezer for an hour or until frozen then break the bark up into little pieces + ENJOY!