10 May Chocolate Chip Collagen Bars
• 1/2 cup softened coconut oil or ghee or grass-fed butter
• 1/2 cup maple sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 cup collagen peptides
• 1/2 cup cassava flour pinch of salt
For the chocolate layer:
• 1 cup chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup cashew butter coarse salt
• Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
• Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream together softened coconut oil (ghee or butter), sugar and vanilla extract until combined.
• Slowly add the collagen peptides, then cassava flour while the mixer is running until all of the flour is combined. Then fold in salt and chocolate chips.
• Place the cookie dough in the loaf pan, spread throughout, then press down evenly throughout. Place in the fridge to set.
• Melt together chocolate chips and cashew butter in a double boiler or in the microwave until softened and smooth. Pour chocolate on top of the cookie dough layer.
• Spread evenly throughout, then sprinkle with coarse salt on top. Place in the fridge to set for 1 hour or longer.
Before serving, set the loaf pan on the countertop for 5-10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Then run a sharp knife under hot water, dry knife, then slice into 8-10 squares. Now all you have to do is eat up!
• Store in the fridge.